Photobucket Juniebeingsilly-junierose2005: About frogs...

Friday, August 20, 2010

About frogs...

 I saw a dead Bull Frog in my pond! I wonder how/why he died? :(  Yesterday he was at the bottom of the pond, just stretched out on his back with his long legs and arms extended...today he has floated to the top.

(I will spare you a pic of that one!!)

I asked C. to remove it yesterday but he hasn't yet complied!  Guess I'll have to fish the little dead body out myself!

 Oh, well~ I can do that!

~~

Seeing the dead frog reminded me of another frog encounter I had in the past...

I've put part of that post here...

(because it IS a 'Junie Being Silly' sort of thing!)

  ;)

 ~~~

from

Monday, May 22, 2006


The world through the eyes of Juniper Rose...




...and in the fish pond I got a good shot of a couple
of frogs at play!

Well, I THOUGHT at first they were playing a game of 'Leap Frog'
but after he didn't LEAP I realized I had stumbled into a more
intimate encounter!

Oh well...it's not every day you have this opportunity...

~~~

One more weird thing I found in my yard the other day...

Note the FROG sprinkler with the hose attached! I was totally taken aback
when I started to move this Fake frog to my flower beds for watering
and saw this -very still- small frog just sitting there near the Frog sprinkler...
Turns out this little frog was DEAD... looked mummified!
I shot the scene just as I found it! :)



Oh,my! Do you think he may have mistaken that fake frog for one of his pond girls?

Could that be the reason he croaked?
 :(

A HARD way to go, Freddy!!



The whole thing just struck me as kinda funny!
Maybe I'm just weird!! ;) Ya think?

~~~

Never a dull moment at Junie's Place!

Enjoy!


Junie


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Poor dead frogs! But the live ones are having fun, eh? Hehe. Got lots of bull frogs at my pond here. They sure make a racket at night. But I like them.

Enjoyed this post and your pictures. Have a great weekend, June.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 1:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, Renie!

I love the bull frogs too...

I think you and I have a lot in common, as we both see a lot of beauty and joy in this wonderful world we've been given.

Hope your weekend is filled with all good things!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home