Photobucket Juniebeingsilly-junierose2005: Nick Names_ (Still trying to find 'The Real Me!')

Friday, July 30, 2010

Nick Names_ (Still trying to find 'The Real Me!')

 This is one of my early posts...

(...and I'm still searching for the Real Me!)


Friday, January 20, 2006


Nick Names



I was just thinking of all the names I've been called over the years...


WAIT!! I don't mean THOSE kind of names- just the fun - nicks that most of us pick up along this long road of life.


'JunieRose' is my most recent one. I used it posting to blogs here, awhile before I decided to open my own blog site! 'June', of course, is my real name (my middle name) and I added ROSE because I LOVE roses!


As a child my MOM called me 'JuneBug', not surprisingly! My little sister called me 'SISTY' for many years!


My Daddy had a hard time giving up the name they first used for me...'Laquita'...a name my Mom, with her romantic nature, found in a book she read! It was a name I HATED as a child. (because nobody else was named that...and besides- no one even knew how to pronounce it properly!) When I started school I insisted on being 'June!'


'Juniper'was given to me by an online friend over 3 years ago...(June was taken a little further- if you can follow the logic! :) ) I rather liked the sound so started using it as my SCREEN name! It has served me well! This same friend is BIG on nicks and now, mostly calls me Gator! (because I live in Florida) I have been
'Queen Juniper' or 'QJ' to some friends on a message board I visit - also 'JB' by one friend (short for June Bug) and - 'Kiddo' lol- Maybe this a putdown because of my ADVANCED YEARS! :)


Early in my marriage My husband called me many different names- 'LJ'(my initials)
'Mama Goose' (I hope not because he saw me as a SILLY goose- but just the MAMA of the house)... & 'MOSE GOOSE' - who knows why!!...and often just 'MAMA!'


In our family circle - grown kids - grandkids - sons-in-law even friends of our kids etc- and often by extended members of both sides of our family- I am 'Ginga' and my husband is 'Gabbo!'
These names were given to my husband and me by our first grandson! We wanted to be Granddaddy and Granny but our Dan decided for himself what he wanted to call us!
SO- of course, that is who we became. (for these past 20+ years)


I was 'Ginga,' online, too, for awhile....but have been 'Juniper' for the past 3 years! And now,'Junie Rose!' I feel comfortable with those names!


The family (grands ) these days, mostly call me 'Ging' and my husband'Gab!'




SO- if I sometimes seem confused in my ramblings here...


could it be that I am still searching for The Real Me?


J.
posted by JunieRose2005 @ 8:02 PM

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Sally said...

You don't want to know what I've been called. LOL But, I really like all your "nicks". It's so funny that when we first become grandparents, they never call us by what we urge them to, but we end up LOVING their names for us.

Have a great weekend "JunieRose". :)

 
At July 31, 2010 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Cute nicknames girl...I think I'm best known as...HeyYou....lolol
hughugs

 
At August 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks, sweet ladies!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home