Photobucket Juniebeingsilly-junierose2005: Poem: The Spider And Me

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Poem: The Spider And Me


A fact most of my lady friends find weird about me is this...
(lol-well, maybe among many other things)
...I am not afraid of spiders as a rule. I do not run screaming from them if I encounter them and even will try to remove them to the great outdoors if I find one in my house! I find spiders quite interesting to watch- outside. I am  especially  intrigued by their webs!

(...but not in my face, please!)

   :)

 




The Spider and Me


Today I did some gardening.
I snipped and groomed a bit.
Until I walked into her web…
and had to pause and sit!

Oh! Woe is me and double woe...
that yucky - sticky mess!
Untangling strands of spider silk…
not fun, as you might guess!

I didn’t let it do me in!
I’m stubborn - don’t you see?
And, by heck, I would not let
her get the best of me!

So with my garden hose in hand
I washed her web away.
And sent her scuttling up the tree,
where I truly hope she’ll stay!

If I encounter her again,
I hope, not in my face!
I hope she builds much higher up -
for her, a safer place!

Once to be enclosed in silk
is plenty… hope she knows!
Next time - I just might arm myself
with more than garden hose!


June Kellum
Sept. 2005

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Very Good Miz Junie!! BUT, I Do Not like spiders...period!
You're brave...
hughugs

 
At July 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

I'm not afraid of spiders either! I usually deposit them outdoors, if I find them in the house. Enjoyed your poem. I once rescued a hummingbird that had gotten caught in a huge spider web and couldn't free itself.

Have a great week, Junie!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I'm not really afraid of spiders...I just don't like them; but I love your poem. Hugs, Joy

 
At July 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Skye said...

GREAT poem, Junie - too funny!! :)

 
At July 28, 2010 at 8:21 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies!

I appreciate you coming to my 'Silly Blog!' :)

Renie, how wonderful that you were able to save that hummingbird! I would have loved that experience!

...and about spiders...if you realize they are not gonna jump at you when you pass by- then you are free to enjoy the wonder of it all! The webs are truly fascinating and also the vast differences in the appearance of the spiders! For the most part, spiders are harmless if you want to just observe from a little distance.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home