Photobucket Juniebeingsilly-junierose2005: Critter post- ( from April 4, 2006)

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Critter post- ( from April 4, 2006)


FROM:

Tuesday, April 04, 2006


...Of Lizards and Roses and Missing Mice


NOT one of my better days!!

This all started several nights ago when I went to put a load of laundry in. I got a glimpse of a small, brownish, thing as it scurried quickly out of sight under the washer! Being a country girl, and, indeed, just a girl with many years of experience-period, (country or otherwise!) I quickly determined it had to be a mouse!

As Charlie is fond of saying, "This ain't my first big job!!"


With that in mind I dug out my trusty little mouse traps! (Yes, I HAVE needed them before) I set them up with bits of cheese and carefully managed to push 2 of them to the side and toward the back of the machine! They were out of harm's way of the folks and dogs in the house, with a clothes basket guarding the front!

Every day I would check those traps but they remained undisturbed. I convinced myself the little mouse had just wandered in and most likely had wandered out again; had 'left the building!' LOL- I'm easily persuaded to look on the brighter side, whenever possible!

Today I happened to glance toward the traps and saw they had both been sprung! They were both upside down! I saw no fur...but something had gone for that cheese!

....meanwhile-back tracking a few days...

I discovered I had another kind of critter invasion in my laundry room-the little lizards that are just EVERYWHERE around here! Dozens are spotted everyday around the place...the garden the porch the driveway-garage-and now, my laundry room!
I have never had a fear or dislike of the little lizards so I paid little attention to them. Just transported them outdoors when I could and ignored them when I couldn't catch them!
However-twice in the past few days I've had to fish drowned, water filled, dead little lizard bodies out of my finished loads of laundry! Not fun!... Plus-I had to do the laundry over!!!

I have to assume they got there accidentally! Can't imagine a suicidial lizard choosing such a way to go! ...Jumping into a tub of scalding hot water and detergent and bleach...among dirty socks and underwear... not to mention the AGITATION!!
~~A Mystery!


...SOOO- back to today-
I got my broom and swept out the 2 traps...and this is what I found! The 2 traps had sprung-doing the job as you see it!! I'm sorry! :(







Still...I wonder about the mouse too- and I suppose I will have to reset some traps!
You do what you have to do!


After this ordeal I walked around the back yard...looked at my roses and spied several lizards!
This one was shy and wouldn't let me get a close-up of him!
Maybe word has spread already that I set a MEAN trap!

HOPE SO!






Just -
Another Tricky Day!




Junie

Labels:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home